This policy (as well as our Terms and Conditions which can be found at wowthatsme.com/terms) will tell you how we process the data that you give to us, or that we collect from you, and applies when you use our website at Wowthatsme.com (“the Website”) or when you visit a site that uses our advertising technology.
This policy is designed to:
- Make sure you understand what information we collect with your permission
- Explain how we use the information we collect with your permission
- Show how we protect your rights and your privacy under this policy
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), the data controller is Wow! That’s Me, Reg Co.number 12841300 of 25 The Butts, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0AT, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION (DATA) WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect about you and your device
- Information we collect about you via advertising
- Information we receive from other sources
- Information about your location
- Information about marketing and communications
1. Information you provide to us:
You may give us information when filling out forms on our Website or on a third party’s website or by corresponding with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, when you provide us with details for a specific product on our Website and when you place an order on our Website.
It also includes information you provide when you register for our newsletter/magazine, answer a survey, enter a promotion or competition, report an issue on our Website or contribute to any discussions on social media integrations on our Website.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, billing address, delivery address, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, gender, age, date of birth, appearance and delivery address.
Each piece of information you provide to us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you give to us.
2. Information we collect about you and your device
Every time you visit the Website, we may automatically collect technical and other information from your visit.
Technical information we may collect includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Other information we may collect about your visit includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); the products that you viewed, purchased or searched for; the page response times, the page interaction information (such as clicks, scrolling and mouse-overs), the length of your visits to certain pages, any download errors and methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we collect about you via advertising
We may place adverts on third party sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.). When you view, click or otherwise interact with our adverts, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you, including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand our customers and the performance of our adverts.
4. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or any of the other services we provide. We also work with third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in delivery, technical, and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies, and we may receive information from them about you.
5. Information about your location
We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP address of the device you use to access the Website.
6. Information about marketing and communications
We may collect information about your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from Wow! That’s Me.
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third party payment processors.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION (DATA) WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use the data we collect about you to:
- enable us to provide you with our books and related products;
- enable you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
- contact you about products and services you have requested;
- facilitate competitions and promotions;
- notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
- make sure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective way for you and for your computer;
- administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- ensure the Website is safe and secure;
- deliver relevant advertising to you and others and measure its effectiveness;
- remind you about our products or services on the particular dates you have provided;
- enable us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- correspond with you by post and email.
We may send you emails for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information about offers, products and other items that we think may interest Wow! That’s Me customers. You will only receive these emails if you sign up to receive our marketing communications. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our marketing communications here: https://wowthatsme.com/contact-us
- To provide you with the Wow! That’s Me magazine. You will only receive these emails if you sign up to receive our magazine. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our communications here: https://wowthatsme.com/contact-us
- To notify you of unordered items in your online basket;
- To notify you of product creations that you have abandoned;
- To notify you of the status of your orders and purchases;
- To capture your feedback on orders you have placed from the Website;
- To capture your feedback on our customer service.
If you have not previously bought from the Website but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for the magazine), we will only send you marketing communications if you signed up to receive marketing communications at the time and so have provided your consent. You have the option to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of each email. You also have the option to turn off online push notifications by disabling notifications in your browser.
You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences to take effect.
We may also use information (data) we hold about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you do not provide appropriate delivery instructions for us to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
INFORMATION (DATA) SECURITY
We do our best to protect your received personal data and have strict procedures and security features in place to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, altered, disclosed, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have procedures to deal with any suspected breach of your personal data and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
All information you provide to Wow! That’s Me is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). With your consent, and for purposes you have consented to, your information may be transferred and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or our suppliers. Such purposes may be, for example, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services.
Wow! That’s Me may also subcontract processing to, or share your information with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your home country.
RETENTION TIME OF YOUR INFORMATION (DATA)
Your personal information is kept only for the time necessary to provide the services or products you request, or to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy. Details of orders (such as invoices) will be kept for as long as we need to retain that information to fulfil our legal, tax and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
We do not trade, transfer or sell your information to third parties for our financial gain.
We will only disclose your information to website hosting partners and other parties who work with us to operate our website, conduct our business, or provide services to our users, as long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release information to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Although most browsers are set to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies. If you reject cookies, certain features or resources of our Website may not work properly.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under GDPR in relation to your personal information. You have the right to;
- Request access to the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of the personal information that we hold about you. (Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.)
- Object to processing of your personal information. (In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.)
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. (Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.)
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. (Note that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.)
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain about our use of your personal data to a competent data protection authority.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.